26 October, 2013

day eighteen.

I typically do not get much of my own work completed on Saturdays at Seam. I enjoy sitting in on the sewing lessons with the young girls. They are all so charming, and the conversations turn in some really funny directions when discussing life with seven year olds. The girls are still working on their hand-sewn projects, but will be moving to machine work soon. Pattie is using a tactile approach to the lessons, allowing the girls to learn as they create rather than discussion now--application later. As someone with aspirations to one day teach my craft to others, I am paying careful attention to her approach to the subject, her attittude, and her patience with the students. 

Until next time, 

Amanda

(Hours: 10:00-2:00; 4 hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment