07 November, 2013

day twenty-two.

Now that our first outfit is out of the way, I focused on draping my second look. This look includes a jacket, button-front blouse, and faux leather mini. Pattie showed me how to drape the jacket without using any darts, which is exactly what I wanted.

My initial drape was following the formulaic technique found in my textbooks, but Pattie's method is much simpler and focuses on actually feeling how the fabric wants to be manipulated. It all sounds very spooky. Pattie also taught me how to draft a pattern for a covered center front placket.

I am getting even more excited about the direction of my senior thesis collection after my progress today. Pattie is showing me that I already possess the skills necessary to make some really incredible clothes, I just needed someone to point out what I need to finesse.

Until next time,

Amanda

(Hours: 10:00-5:30, 7.5 hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment